The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Early Action Admissions Decisions Thread

<p>Even if you were rejected, or even deffered, you would still have the option to view your admissions decision letter on myUM</p>

<p>Ohh okay good so that was a false alarm… Hmm probably cuz the blackberry did something weird…
I’m still anxious though!</p>

<p>I hope you get in…keep us posted…good luck!</p>

<p>As an alum I can just say I am very disheartened to see how they did their myUM notices where not everyone can view them at the same time/day. Some are still not posted - that is just not right since they started loading them on Friday.
Mail is a different thing since it can just take longer to get to different areas.</p>

<p>just checked this morning, still nothing on myUM… this really sucks… i just hope the admissions people know i applied EA… i even have a letter from UM stating that they received my application for EA when i applied… congrats to everyone so far!</p>

<p>Accepted from Michigan
Major: Undecided
Rank: top 25%, but my school does not release the rankings to colleges
ACT: 31 best, 33 superscored
GPA: 3.60 UW, 3.95 W
Classes: Almost all honors and AP/IB
EC: 3 years varsity cross country, 4 years varsity track, 80 community service hours
Recs: Counselor, snore</p>

<p>Waiting to see if i get money in the letter :)</p>

<p>Accepted from NC! AHHH Congrats to everyone else!</p>

<p>Still nothing on myUM. I’m really getting tired of waiting. It just doesn’t make sense to me that they put them up sporadically on myUM. Why not all at once? Why make some people wait and wonder while others get to either enjoy their acceptance or accept their rejection and begin to move onto their next school. This process is really making me like Miami a lot less.</p>

<p>I’m still waiting. I really love this school and I want to go there so badly. Maybe I can help them find a better system to putting decisions up online =p</p>

<p>im still waiting too… does anyone know the system of how there posting the decisions online? i dont get it</p>

<p>i asked the same question, but nobody seems to know… I thought possibly alphabetical order, but that theory went out the window quickly. Then I thought by department, but someone who plans to major in the same thing as me has gotten his acceptance. Then I thought maybe by admissions counselor… maybe this is it, but I’m from RI and people from MA have been getting in so I don’t know if it’s possible that we have different admissions counselors…</p>

<p>accepted from Boston! GPA: 3.8 W 3.5 UW 1380/2120 SAT Congrats and good luck to everybody else</p>

<p>I think one of you guys should call tomorrow and respectfully ask them to explain how they are handling notifications this year. Then report back here to enlighten the rest of us. </p>

<p>BUT…</p>

<p>Remember, they said they will have decisions on 2/1. That is tomorrow!!!</p>

<p>So…even though it is maddening, they have actually let a lot of people know EARLY.</p>

<p>I’ve been literally snowed in here in TN for the past two days, and I don’t have a mailbox. So, I couldn’t get to my post office to check for my (hopefully) BIG envelope. :((</p>

<p>BUT I just checked MyUM, and my acceptance letter popped up!
Congrats to everyone!</p>

<p>Stats:
GPA UW: 3.98
ACT: 33
APs: 4 (English Comp, Chemistry, Bio, Calc)
Tons of honors classes
ECs and Awards: Good
Recs: Great
Essay: so-so lol</p>

<p>accepted!
SAT:1210/1600;1890/2400
ACT: 26; 28-english, 24-math, 29-reading, 22-science
GPA: 4.3 or 4.4 weighted about a 3.8 unweighted
IB diploma candidate, third in IB class and in the top 10%</p>

<p>I am so happy right now, I can’t even express it. I’m clearly in the lower 25% for SAT, but still I’m so happy :')</p>

<p>I’ve looked on myum several times over the past few days and checked the mail and I still haven’t gotten anything. It’s kind of annoying cuz I know about 6 people from my grade that have already found out. I don’t understand why they can’t just post decisions on everyone’s myum or inform people through email and then worry about mailing out all the official letters. It’s going to be a long school day tommorow!!</p>

<p>MPClinton,</p>

<p>As SVM Mom wrote, the day the decision is 2/1. Owing to that being on a Monday, it is quite plausible they started uploading these in batches prior to the 1st, with some not uploaded until the first.</p>

<p>I can understand the frustration, but it may be a little drastic to judge a school by their admission decision mechanism…</p>

<p>My S ended up deciding the best way was the old way, waiting on the envelopes. Eight fat envelopes, five campus visits later, it was UM, no contest.</p>

<p>A friend of mine just told me she got her decision today…in the mail… On a Sunday… I’m just about to lose all hope. But it is true, tomorrow is the official day for decision to come out. I just feel fustrated…</p>

<p>Mail doesn’t come on a Sunday. Maybe she didn’t check the mail yesterday? I feel soooo frustrated as well. Especially since my stats are about the same as a lot of people posting on here that they got in and I am nervous I won’t get in.</p>

<p>By no means am I saying I would not go to Miami because of the way they release decisions, I just think there is a better system to release the decisions that would be more professional. I love Miami, and will definitely consider going if I am accepted, I am just getting tired of waiting to hear.</p>