The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Early Action Admissions Decisions Thread

<p>I was also a poster that expressed frustration with the way UM has released their decisions. It is not because they were released late - the date they were to release is Feb. 1. However, if you are going to upload some early- upload all and on the same date! Mail is different because of location & delivery. State schools have a lot more to upload and do it on one day - UNC Chapel Hill did it today. Beginning to wonder where all that tuition money goes at UM if their system cannot handle that. I am a UM alumnae along with everyone else in my family at some point of their education (5 of us which range from undergrad, grad, law or medical degrees) - this is not a professional way to handle decision releases.</p>

<p>It’s not a matter of uploading it. All the decisions are in the computer. It’s just a matter of allowing people access to the information.</p>

<p>As for why they do it, I don’t know. But if you do have suggestions, I’d e-mail them and let them know or call the admissions office. I doubt many UM admissions officers check on here.</p>

<p>Again, Congrats to everyone accepted, and good luck to everyone who will hopefully hear from UM by tomorrow!</p>

<p>1430 SAT. Top 5%. 20k Dickinson Scholarship. DEM CANES!</p>

<p>Accepted from Mexico (well my permanent address is in MA)
I started crying when I found out! Package arrived yesterday in the mail and my dad called me today!
Definitely going!!!
Stats
freshman and sophomore year at very good public school in MA 3.4 uw 3.6 w
junior year (private school in Mexico) 3.72 uw senior year (same school) 3.8 uw
3rd out of 56
great recommendation
great essay
SATs CR 640 M 670 W 600
some ECs not too many though
so happy!</p>

<p>logged on to MyUM (for my D) this morning at 8:24am (eastern time) and nothing. :-(</p>

<p>oh well…i’ll try again in a while just incase
Not sure we could swing it for her if she did get accepted, but :-(</p>

<p>My teacher has a computer in her classroom and I’m aiding for her so she lets me do whatever. As of NOW myum it says ZILCH.
I’m getting ticked.
=[</p>

<p>Just checked myUM for the first time… and I got in! 1310 sat 88 GPA good ECs and recs etc.</p>

<p>still nothing in the mail nor on myUM =[</p>

<p>I just called and the woman said that they can’t tell me if my letter has been mailed and she couldn’t tell me my decision either.</p>

<p>Erical12</p>

<p>Did you ask when they will have all the decisions posted?</p>

<p>She said that technically they still have today to send the rest of the decisions out since today is the first. I asked when it would be posted online and she said that she couldn’t release that information, but that they were posting them in batches and that they will be posted after the decision is mailed.</p>

<p>Thanks for the update Erical12. </p>

<p>Hang in there, you will know soon. Got my fingers crossed for you!</p>

<p>Thanks!! I’m hoping that I don’t have to wait all week again… this is driving me nuts!</p>

<p>Still nothing in the mail and nothing on myUM. I’m getting really anxious now. Hopefully they will be up later today as if they are mailing the rest out today, they will hopefully post those decisions later (I heard that they release decisions later in the day). If it isn’t here by Wednesday I’m probably going to end up calling admissions.</p>

<p>accepted on myUM on friday but the letter came today </p>

<p>i was worried i would miss the scholarship qualification with only a 1300 (1940\2400) but I received the Dickinson Scholarship which is $20,000!!! Maybe being valedictorian influenced it?</p>

<p>good luck to everyone waiting!</p>

<p>Still nothing on myUM, and my mail already came today with nothing in it. I’m really beginning to become aggravated with the U. Any other university or college posts all their decisions at a set time on their deadline day. If they do not tell me today, I am going to be really peeved because I hate when this late stuff happens. </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone else, I’m just as anxious to hear as you are. I might end up calling admissions later this afternoon if nothing comes up.</p>

<p>Nobody collects mail at 4:00 p.m.
Logically they should have been online by now.</p>

<p>This is ridiculous.</p>

<p>I thought I was the only one’s status who hasn’t been changed yettt ahh good to know i’m not alone. but it is killing me</p>

<p>So I got my decision in the mail today, and there was no mention of a scholarship… I was a little surprised because the admissions director told me I had a shot at getting a really good one, like 16,000-24,000$. Could this be a mistake? The said it would come in a separate envelope, and I just didn’t get one.</p>

<p>:-(
not optimistic for my D , but the decisions really should have been available today as indicated. My D & I made a mad dash to get her application to the guidance counselor in time for her to do what she had to do and get it postmarked in time (Nov 1 ?)…I think about how hard we worked to make the deadline… so accepted or not, I had hoped to be able to at least look today… oh well…</p>