UM Class of 2016 EA Applicants Thread

<p>Congratulations! I haven’t been posting because I figured it would just give me an additional site to check and increase my anxiety. However, after catching up on the posts, it seems that everyone’s tensions are high not just mine. @ lgbtrainbow In which area do you live? Miami area? I only ask because I want to know if I should be expecting my letter soon or if they are doing the decisions in waves. Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Congrats :)!</p>

<p>I think that guys making it up. There is no activity on the group. Whenever someone gets accepted people are always posting on the fb group</p>

<p>He doesn’t have to be making it up. I’m not going to post in that group. I would never. </p>

<p>Maybe he got a scholarship. Or maybe he is making it up, but lack of posting on the fb group doesn’t prove anything.</p>

<p>I feel left out… Having lived in big cities my whole life, I’ve never taken part in any water activities. Uh oh :frowning: Are they hard to learn, and does every person at UMiami do a sport?</p>

<p>So I recently checked myum and saw that I had information for a meal plan…does that mean I got in?</p>

<p>Dingdongbell, ofcourse you don’t have to be involved in a sport, but there are many unique and interesting activites you can try in Florida that aren’t available up north. You can try diving or fishing or go on a jet ski, even shell collecting can be fun.</p>

<p>The football games are BIG for UM students and they are very spirited, but you don’t have to get involved if you don’t want to.</p>

<p>Scholastic where did you see this info under? It might be a good sign you never know. The only thing new that has popped up is a “charitable contributions” section -_-</p>

<p>I’m so nervous!! I can’t wait to find out but I’ll be so scared to check the website instead of waiting for the mail. I’ll be doing marine science and biology and looking to join as many aquatic-related activities and clubs as possible :slight_smile: haha</p>

<p>Haha I have charitable contributions as well. Not sure if it’s always been there, I think I’ve seen it before</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure charitable contributions has always been there</p>

<p>Dingdongbell, don’t worry about that; you can just enjoy the beach! :slight_smile:
Did you guys see the person on the other page who got the singer/stamps weekend? Has anyone else seen anything? To be honest I’m starting to worry now…</p>

<p>I saw the meal plan section too. But it says I’m not yet eligible to access it lol I feel like UM is the best for marine biology. I have to say I have lived in Florida all my life and have never taken advantage of the aquatic sports.</p>

<p>I’ve always lived in sunny weather and then just moved to upstate ny for senior year. I really hope i get in, this was my first year seeing snow and i miss those days when i could just put on my shorts and tee and leave the house</p>

<p>Where did you see the meal plan thing? I dont see it :(</p>

<p>Under the ‘life at UM’ tab under dining services. I’m not sure its always been there but I just noticed it thanks to the above poster. </p>

<p>I hope all this waiting isn’t for nothing. Can’t even concentrate on studying (okay that’s just an excuse to postpone studying)</p>

<p>I’m sure the meal plan thing has always been there haha. I remember seeing it the first or second time I logged on to the website.</p>

<p>I dont think that it has always been there cause it isn’t there for me. I hope that doesnt mean I didn’t get in. D:</p>

<p>Yeah I think it’s always been there…they would give us a better sign than “Hey, you can sign up for food” to notify us if we got in, I think. :slight_smile: Or at least, I’m hoping it will be a little more personal than that if I get in ha. Don’t worry, Leah, I don’t think that it means anything!!</p>

<p>Oh no now were making you freak out! Lol I’m sure they wouldn’t plant miniscule indicators when they’re clearly struggling to even meet their own deadline. They don’t have time for little games like that.</p>