UM Class of 2016 EA Applicants Thread

<p>Good luck everyone!! I hope we all get accepted!!</p>

<p>Cant wait to get my denial in the mail!!!</p>

<p>For some strange reason I feel like we’re not getting the decisions today lol.</p>

<p>Think Friday…only 48 more hours… ;)</p>

<p>^ lol @ LCNY.
I can’t wait! So close now it’s almost here. Good thing I have an AP chem test to distract me.</p>

<p>Ah I can’t do this! I check every five minutes. Can someone please tell me my chances.
I have a 700 math 590 verbal sats, 4.4 weighted GPA, I’m 9 out of 50 class rank, I’m in three AP classes, bio, calc AB, and lit &comp. Both my parents attended Miami and my sister is currently a senior at Miami. Im student body president, I play tennis and cheerlead, I’m on the forensics team (competitive public speaking) and have extensive community service. Please someone tell me if you think I have a shot!</p>

<p>My friend who also applied EA said saw somewhere that we were gonna hear tomorrow</p>

<p>Sarah I wish I could help you out but it sounds like @ZincWhiskers is probably better informed. But I think that the fact that you’re a legacy should definitely help!
And lovetodive, so I could complete all of my pre-vet or premed requirements within a marine bio major?
Ah this suspense is killing me!! And the uncertainty of notification dates isn’t helping either. :/</p>

<p>musicalme, I think so! That’s the impression the person I met with from RSMAS gave me. I know a good amount of the premed requirements can be fulfilled through the biology side so I’m sure it’s doable.</p>

<p>If you got chosen for the interview round for the Hammond scholarship, does that mean that you’re accepted?</p>

<p>I believe this what it means, because you had to apply Early Action to be considered for the scholarship.</p>

<p>I was so sure that I got mailings from UM that said that we would find out Feb. 2nd, and now I find out we have to wait until Feb. 3rd?!! NOOOOOOOO</p>

<p>^ did anyone else get this mailing?! I hope we do find out tomorrow!
Thanks, lovetodive! I was at UM in the fall and saw some students doing an ocean currents lab in the water for the intro to marine science class…it looked so awesome. Did you know miami also has a SCUBA club? How cool is that? :)</p>

<p>musicalme, I know!! I’m sooo excited for that. I’ve heard awesome things about it. I’m an AOW and I’m getting Rescue Diver certified this summer so I’m super excited for that! Are you planning to join?</p>

<p>lovetodive, I am planning to join!! I’m getting my AOW certification in Florida and the Bahamas this spring break, and going on my first night dive. I can’t wait! It’s my newfound love haha. I can’t believe how cheap it is to be a part of the club is, too. There’s also some club where you can help rescue dolphins or something. I’m scared I’m going to bite off more than I can chew because there’s so much to be involved in! I’m jealous of your rescue diver certification…I hope to eventually get that as well!</p>

<p>Has anyone completely confirmed the dates of mailing acceptance packages today and finding out online on Friday? My mom is being difficult because she talked to someone at admissions and the person on the other line said there are no set dates for when the EA decisions are coming out… Was she just talking to someone who is misinformed?</p>

<p>musicalme, I’ll message you so we don’t clog up the board :)</p>

<p>Marinebio444, we talked to multiple people and literally heard completely different things just by calling 10 minutes later. Some people were very vague and wouldn’t give us dates, but when she spoke to our state rep, she said mailed today and online a few days later. Have you tried calling your state rep? Honestly, I have no idea what to expect just because I’ve heard so much. But, one person told us Feb 3, and since another told us the decisions would get mailed today and online a few days later I think that’s the most likely situation.</p>

<p>I really can’t wait to hear back. “Early February” is so unspecific and it’s driving me crazy lol. My parents are both former Hurricanes so this is one is special to me. Anyone else going nuts waiting?</p>

<p>To the people who are claiming they saw online specific dates such as February 1st and such: You didn’t, because there are no specific dates published. All that their website says and anybody ever officially from the university has stated all this time is “early February.” That obviously could mean anything. So no, they’re not “late” and they’re not missing their own deadline, because they don’t have one.</p>