***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Maybe decisions could start to roll out this Friday???

If I applied EA from OOS, will admissions see my 1st semester grades (which close January 21?)

@mab1234 Probably, OOS get their decisions at the end of January. Anyways, I learned I got accepted early because I applied to a scholarship. They accept you early if you are a very likely candidate, I guess. Which is good, it is full tuition.

@HipHopIsMade did any of your classmates get accepted yet?

@mab1234 you should expect that you’ll be prompted to upload your first semester grades to the Student Center. You can also just upload them as soon as available to minimize the risk of a delayed decision.

that’s what I’m thinking/hoping for! thats about when they came out last year

@wiscogirl1998 Maybe… but don’t get your hopes up.

My daughter applied late October. Admission’s called her last week to get more information on the classes she is taking this year. We are in Minnesota. Act 29 and GPA 3.54. She is going for direct admit to Business school.

I should add that the majority of her classes are honors and PSEO since 10th grade.

@AnineC what sort of additional info. were they looking for?

They wanted to know where the classes were located - at the university for all of hers. I think they asked her what else she plans to take. I don’t know exactly the conversation …I don’t get really involved. If they bothered to pick up the phone, maybe they are considering her. She applied to Carlson at U of M too. That GPA is my best guess. Don’t ask…don’t tell :slight_smile: She maxed the writing in the ACT and her essay she submitted on the app was an interesting read. See what happens.

@JBStillFlying2 No, and I know quite a few who are in the People’s Program. They usually get accepted first, so I do not know what is up with that. Usually, People Program applicants get their acceptances by now, but it is odd seeing as how none have gotten accepted. I am in state, for those who do not know, so the most likely bet is that by merging with the Common App this year, perhaps there are more applicants, or they are not used to dealing with the common app and their own personal app, so more time is needed to review. That is my opinion, at least.

@AnineC has she gotten into Carlson yet? My D is in the same situation, btw, considering direct admit to WSB. Not sure when she is planning to write her essay.

@HipHopIsMade thanks for responding - it appears that they have admitted very few in-staters at this point!

@JBStillFlying2 Something to note, transfers seemed to have been accepted, at least a small amount.

@HipHopIsMade - true, but the transfers are on a different timeline and schedule from the freshmen/FTIC applications. Also, aren’t the current accepts for Spring 2017?

@JBStillFlying2 I wouldn’t know, I just found a few transfers saying they got accepted.

She has not been accepted to Carlson yet but the message has changed on the u of m site The info on decisions by Jan 31st is gone. Not sure if it’s because the deadline to apply for Fall was yesterday.

@AnineC - posted on the UMTC thread so check that out. Crossing my fingers for her.

Found this posted on another thread today:

"So, sent a FB message to UW Admissions. They no longer do rolling admissions. So, admission notifications will all be end of Jan this year.

Greetings Andy,

Thank you for contacting the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Admissions and Recruitment. Since we no longer use rolling admissions, all Early Action decisions will be released at the end of January. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

On Wisconsin!"

Looks like we’ve got a bit of waiting to do yet.

I got this response

Thank you for contacting the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Admissions and Recruitment. Since we no longer use rolling admissions, all Early Action applicants will hear back on the same date at the end of January. If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to contact us again.

On Wisconsin!

I really hope that isn’t true because this waiting is killing me :frowning: