***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

That’s good news! Hopefully it’s true cuz idk about you guys but I don’t want to wait another month for a decision… Lol if I get deferred I will be pissed.

I’m thinking that its taking so long because they have to get through all the early action applications before they send out decisions. so hopefully they will have that all done sooner than expected

I’m from Madison, applied mid October and I haven’t heard back yet. Even my friends from the people program (who usually hear first) haven’t heard back yet…

@HipHopIsMade Source? Also are you saying the decisions have been released, or just finalized?

I heard it was from at least Lafollete High School, if I am spelling it right. Also, the source is word of mouth from individuals in the People’s Program.

I hope they come out soon. I was beginning to wonder if they would ever come out

I’ll ask my friends who go there!

I’ve only heard of one person accepted from my school in Minnesota last week. However, I am assuming its due to athletics.

Morning…can’t wait for the decisions to come-out at the end of the month! I can say that two other state school in Indiana (Purdue and IU) have already indicated record numbers of applicants and University of Michigan EA applicants are way up over last year and the stats are up too. We are just a smarter generation. So while it’s always going to get more competitive, we will all find a place!
Good Luck everyone!

When does anyone think the end of January is? Earlier than the 31st?

Nope…my guess is the 31st

Last year OOS heard late in the evening of the 31st. We aren’t expecting this year to be different.

Ugh… that is so annoying!!! Especially because they probably already have like 85% of decisions made… Should’ve stayed with rolling notifications!

They should’ve just said that decisions will be out on the 31 then

This is just a guess but it’s possible that they will be done earlier. By remaining a bit vague they don’t pin themselves to a specific date other than Jan. 31. If they definitely wanted to release on Jan. 31 they would have said so. This allows for an earlier release. But don’t get your hopes up because the OOS last year was late on the 31st. Talk about waiting till the last possible minute!

I am a college freshman, at a 4 year college, looking to apply as a transfer student at UW for fall 2017. I have 24 college credits and will earn 16 more after spring semester. My first semester gpa was 3.7. I am a Wisconsin resident. My high school gpa was 3.4 (with several AP classes and earned 9 college credits thru CAPP)with an upward trend my junior and senior years with a 3.7. & 3.85 respectively. I have excellent essays and letters of recommendation. I also have plenty of leadership roles, extracurriculars, & work history. In fact, spring semester I am tutoring a student three days a week. After extensive testing,I was diagnosed at the end of fall semester with dyslexia. Thus, explaining why I struggled with standardized testing. I am now authorized to receive accommodations, due to dyslexia, to help me study and prepare better for tests. Do I have a chance?

There is a transfer thread somewhere else with people more knowledgeable about transfers. This is the fall 2017 thread for new students.

Do you think instate students like myself will find out before the 31st? Like mid-january?

@alyssahugs I have no reason or facts to back that up, but I think the instate students should be finding out before the out of state students

Where else are people applying? Also thoughts on UMichigan-Ann Arbor vs University of Wisconsin-Madison