***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

So excited for all IN-state that have heard! So glad I was wrong and they came out earlier! On Wisconsin…everyone who is OOS post as soon as you know…I’m waiting with you!!!

Congratulations everyone again!!! So Awesome…new Badgers across the country!!!

@drjdillon now he will have the story of a lifetime…big game, hospital, incredible pain turns into amazing night! Congratulations…ONWISCONSIN…are you kidding…no decision UW is so much better!

Ok so I’m gonna share…it’s 8:20 am EST and I have checked the portal 3 times already…I am so nervous, excited, freaking out…will it be??? 8-> [-( [-O<

UWMadison Admissions ‏@UWAdmissions 11 hours ago

Early Action #futurebadgers: Decisions have started to go out. If you don’t hear tonight, don’t worry! You’ll hear in the next few days.

I had to post…this is from UWMadison Twitter account…I keep re-reading it…can you tell I am so excited…AHHHHHHHH!!! Come on! Let us all know our fate! OOS unite…post as soon as you know anything! Good luck everyone …it’s our weekend!

:!! :D/

No decision
OOS
2 sport athlete/state scholar athlete
Service
Job
School club
3.95 GPA/27 ACT
UW Legacy
Part Hispanic
Still feel borderline :frowning:

@normanf regular decisions will be released by March 31st.

Congrats to all accepted and continued good luck to those deferred!!

Has anyone from In-State NOT heard yet? Trying to understand whether they have released all of that group.

No, not everyone instate EA has heard yet

Hi, I want to know generally how hard is it for OOS applicants to be admitted after being deferred at UW-Madison? I applied Chemical Engineering. Please help answer D:

@lai18972…you already heard? Deferred OOS? When? What are her stats? UW is incredibly competitive and an awesome school. I am freaking out myself as to whether or not I’m going to get in. I am already planning on sending 1st semester grades on Monday when they post. Maybe I won’t need them but I’m ready. Got all A’s first semester. I’m Engineering Physics. Currently have Honors English, AP Stats, AP Envir. Science, AP BC Calc, and AP Physics. 4.2 weighted GPA got one B my freshman year in French II really made me mad! I hope I have a chance. Also have 2 varsity sports (1 captain), work and have lots of clubs and volunteer hours). OOS is going to be extremely competitive. I knew that going in.

You should get in - did you list another option? Difficulty of getting in is driven by school. I think the question about deferral was IF you are OOS and get deferred, what are the chances of getting admitted?

@Seacoast I emailed them a few weeks ago because I was wondering what the deferral process was. So basically the College of Engineering doesn’t defer anyone. If you don’t get into the College of Engineering, they will consider you for admission to your second major (most people’s are in Letters and Sciences). L&S does defer. So if your whole application ends up getting “deferred”, you will know that it was not simply because you chose an engineering major as your first choice.

No Decision OOS - 35 ACT 3.65 UW GPA

@sml1234 cool thanks! I know every single school is different. Engineering first for me then Business. I’m only 17 what do I know what I want to do for the rest of my life…all I know is what I like right now. Hoping UW can help me figure out the rest. I loved the school when I went there last summer. The lakes, the campus, the students…the food trucks! We actually hit the concerts at the capital…it was incredible walking down the center of town to campus. I’m so excited I can’t wait to find out…but alas I will!

OOS Illinois still nothing and I’m going crazy!
Act: 32
Gpa: 4.0
2 varsity sports
Many clubs and ecs with leadership positions
NHS and Spanish NHS

Are we still thinking 7 PM Central Time for releases during the next few days??

Congratulations for all selected and best of luck for applicants whose results yet to come.my son international with sat 1380 gpa 3.9 good recs scholarship holder ecs

GPA?

For those posting stats including GPA it would be great to know both weighted and unweighted. Or if only one is listed then to state if it’s weighted or unweighted. Good luck everyone!

OOS
31 ACT
GPA: 3.8/4 and 4.7/5
Multiple Ap classes
A lot of ECs
NHS and Spanish NHS
no decision yet but starting to get anxious/nervous!