***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

@mah…no idea can’t figure out what you are asking…

Newsflash, @Seacoast - you can’t get out of taking liberal arts. You are in a bachelors program, not a master’s or PhD. Check out your gen. ed. requirements. Furthermore, a liberal arts course of study will actually make you a BETTER, more informed, critical thinker . . . and writer.

Take the most challenging courses you can in these subjects.

Yeah I know but the Honors program is pretty intensive…not sure if I want that added stress to my Engineering schedule. Will definitely check it out!
Thanks
BTW you are funny…newsflash…hee hee

@Seacoast look at it this way: your engineering courses are going to be super rigorous. You might not need any honors program there. But if you truly want an intellectual experience, you might consider taking some of the LE requirements with an honors emphasis. Yes, it’s more work. But no pain, no gain :smiley:

Also engineering, and got invited to honors program (Im assuming it’s LA). And while I’m looking forward to taking some GenEd classes, I do not think I’m going to to take them as honors @Seacoast

btw- math, chemistry and physics are liberal arts courses- in L&S- and offer excellent Honors sequences. Not all liberal arts are social sciences and humanities. To be eligible for those Honors Calculus, Chemistry and/or Physics classes you should be in the L&S Honors Program. But then, engineers don’t need the high level of theory those courses entail… You may as well just take the regular versions and leave the more intense versions to the scientists and mathematicians.

All very true…love to get the input. Heck what do I know. I still am not sure I’m an Engineer!

It’s all good.
Thanks everyone!
=D>

@HopefulBadger3: Spoke to Financial Aid dept.; once they have received all of the paperwork, awards will be given out on a “rolling basis”. Decisions take time and typically are not awarded until Spring '17.

Accepted OOS in Michigan!
CALS
Public School
ACT: 33
SAT ‘new’:1380
GPA: UW (3.87); 6 APs
Class Rank: top 20%
Essays: N/A - All subjective; think Strong!

congrats @Quintpgroup You are a Badger! =D> :O)

When do you guys think regular decision admissions will come out because it says it’s rolling?!?

Where does it say rolling?

@Madison85 it says it’s rolling on collegedata.com after February 1st

Don’t count on that.

@Madison85 Do you know when regular decisions come out?!?

@utOOSman201 the admissions website says by end of March. Last year’s RD they released pretty much as close to all at once as they could manage w/o overloading their computer systems. Keep an eye on their twitter feed and Facebook page and hopefully you’ll get a heads-up shortly before they release.

Hi everyone - my D17 was admitted Early Decision II at another institution. She will be withdrawing from her admission to UW-Madison forthwith. Good luck to everyone - parents and kids alike!

I was looking for a list of admissions counselors/territory managers on the UW website, and I couldn’t find it. Does anyone know how to find this contact? Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

@JBStillFlying Congratulations to your daughter! It’s great that she was admitted to a school that she really likes. Best wishes to her.

@Seacoast Thank you! My D has her upcoming UW Day on 3/10/17, so she will know a lot more about becoming a Badger after that weekend. :slight_smile: UW is high on her list; if blown away, I’m sure she will make her announcement soon after.