***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

Oh, sure.

uw GPA: 3.8
w GPA: 4.45
ACT: 31, 30 on writing, one sitting.
(These are just estimates, but more on that later)
Hooks: First Generation, but that is it. I am not an underrepresented minority, but I will get back to that.0

EC and Stuff:
Full IB Diploma Candidate
Model UN Student Head
FICB Club Head Captain (First place regional, fourth state)
Have an Arabic Class that I have been teaching for the past three years at a Library, free of course
Volunteer at Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for past Five years (ECU, Gift Shop)
NHS President
Homecoming King?

No Sports, sorry.

Personal Info:
Religion: Muslim (Sunni)
State of Residency: Wisconsin
Race: Caucasian, Middle Eastern/North African (Palestine)[I do not know my specific demographics, but I am told by my friends I look Jewish/Hebrew]
Nationality: American-Palestinian
Income: Around 70k, but what my father makes at the end of the year is variable to my fellow siblings medical fees.

But yeah, being middle eastern is basically being white as far as I know, and I do not believe they differentiate, which I prefer. If they accepted me just due to my grades and whatnot, I would be happy. I am a very good writer, and talked about my poetry. So yes, I am still unsure to why I got accepted so early.

Also, many kids from my school apply to Madison, but none of them got accepted. I applied a little before Early Action was due on Nov. 1st.

And I am not in peoples program or anything, I got rejected in 9th grade. Just trying to cover all the bases.

Thanks @HipHopIsMade for that comprehensive response! While first gen. might have impacted the timing, there is no doubt that your strong application would have been accepted regardless. Well done and congrats again!

Those stats are good- not surprising you were accepted. Remember there are rolling admissions- UW can choose to accept students anytime up until their spring final deadline for notification.

I would also like to point out, I had some family difficulties during my second semester in junior year, or else my GPA would be near perfect. My counselor assisted me in her recommendation letter.

Thank you very much for sharing your information with us. Congratulation becoming a badger!!

HipHopIsMade Do you go to De Pere? I think we tied at FICB.

@HipHopIsMade Congratulations! I noticed that you are a full IB diploma candidate, could you tell me how you calculated ur uw gpa? Thank you so much.

Umm, you simply just find the mean of your gpa on a 4.0 scale. So say you get 7 A’s and 1 B, your GPA would be 3.875. If that doesn’t cover it, just ask me what you mean more specifically. Also, each semester I take like 9-10 classes.

How did you receive notification of your acceptance? When did Notifications in Student Center change from we will review your application to we are reviewing your application?

Chance me???
ACT- 32
uw GPA- 97 (use 100 scale)
w GPA- 100
a lot of extra curriculars and sports. captain and on executive board of clubs

i love Wisconsin and really want to be accepted!

@hopebadger3 you have good stats. Are you in-state or OOS?

@HipHopIsMade my ib grades are given on a scale of 1-7. I dont know how to convert them to gpa.

Ah, sorry, but those do not really correlate to GPA. Really, you just want to pass and get the diploma, but getting a median of 5 is good for your 6 tests. On that topic, if you get accepted, the student center will first open and direct you to your decision letter. If you get accepted and the next time you open that page, it will send you to the basic student page.

Currently in my student center it says ‘Your application will be reviewed by one of our admission counselors’. Will this change to ‘is currently being reviewed’ when the reviewing process starts?

Here is what mine says:

Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status. Visit our web site to view decision notification dates.

My daughter is:
“Your application will be reviewed by one of our admission counselors as a part of our early action period. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status. Visit our web site to view decision notification dates.”

To clarify, I applied as a spring transfer.

Chance me please!!!
GPA Weighted: 3.792
Unweighted: 3.566
Class Rank: 119/577 or 79.38%
ACT Composite: 32
Extracurriculars : Captain for 2 years, Varsity athlete for 5 years, Yearbook(2 years) , Jr. Optimists (4 years), Leadership club (2 years)
I also work 40 hours per week
4 year long AP Classes Freshman-Junior year; 3 Senior Year; my school only offers
9 year long Honors classes Freshman-Junior year; 1 Honors Senior year