***University of Wisconsin-Madison Fall 2017 Thread***

@Banker1 does the Student Center provide a date as to when everything is marked “received”? I can’t find any dates on MyUW.

@JBStillFlying I just double checked mine and it doesn’t show dates. Like yours it shows all material as status of received. I think the date I show indicates when I first logged into portal to confirm all was received.

The only “date” that was shown on student center is the date of " Application Acknowledgment" after you click “Notification”. This should be the date UW-Madison received your application.

Thanks @Banker1 we did the same once D17 was able to log in around the end of October and pretty much noted that all was received, then didn’t worry about it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. @ccyen328 I just noticed that too and we also knew that her application was sent after all the other materials. I also discovered that for those using the Common App, you can click onto the FERPA and Recommender section and track the status of rec. letters, counsellor and school reports, etc. Very nice - and those include a date stamp.

Say I get postponed after my application is reviewed for Early Action. Would it make any sense to take the ACT in mid February to heighten my chances, or is that much too late?

Probably too late. It would take til mid march or later to get your scores and they will have made their decision by then most likely.

The RD decisions are released by March 31.

February 11, 2017 multiple choice ACT scores will be available online beginning February 21 and complete score reports will start to become available March 4.

Still, @mab1234 has decent stats for OOS - 29 ACT, 3.75(?) uw GPA. Is it really necessary to retake the ACT?

The Student Center doesn’t show that information only “received” nor do they send out an email saying you are being evaluated for EA. You have to call and get that information. It’s the only way to know for sure. You the student not your parents.

The Student Center DOES state if an applicant is being evaluated for EA, so there is no need for the student to call admissions.

@Madison85 where does that info. show up? EA isn’t mentioned on her acknowledgement letter nor on the Application Summary. Both say “Fall 2017” with no indication of EA or regular decision.

EDIT: nvm just found it: “Your application will be reviewed by one of our admission counselors as a part of our early action period. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status. Visit our web site to view decision notification dates.”

:)>-

Hey can someone tell me what they think my chances are of being accepted? Thanks :slight_smile:

In State
Class Rank: 20/200
ACT: 29
Unweighted GPA: 3.88 out of 4
Weighted GPA: 4.3 out of 5
EC’s: Same job since 2013(I work anywhere from 7 to 20 hours a week), 2 Sport Varsity Athlete(Captain of one of those sports), Marching Band, Jazz Band, Swing Choir, Student Council, National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, about four clubs, at least 40 hours of community service
Senior Year Classes: 1st Semester: AP Calculus, Band, Choir, AP Chemistry, English 101, Personal Finance, Spanish 5 2nd Semester: AP Calc, Band, Choir, AP Chem, Honors World Lit, Vocal Jazz, Spanish 5.

You are in good shape. Your UW GPA is right where it needs to be and your ACT is in the top 11% for the state and a point above the mean for in-staters who attend UW-Madison. Good EC’s. Good luck to you!

@JBStillFlying Awesome thank you! :slight_smile:

I have a question about applying for scholarships through UW-Madison. My intended major on my application is Business however since I am not applying for direct admit and if I were to be accepted, I would be in the College of Letters and Science until I apply for the business school. Does this mean I can’t apply to any of the scholarships that I am matched with under the College of Letters and Science and should wait until the business school releases their application? Thanks in advance for answers.

Are you applying for direct entry to the business school? My understanding is that business school scholarships are for students admitted to the business school (not pre-business students).

Are you a Wisconsin resident?

Since it is not your intention to earn a degree from the College of Letters & Science, it doesn’t look like you would not be selected for a scholarship:

[Quote]
The College of Letters & Science welcomes incoming and continuing students to apply for scholarship opportunities created by the support of our donor friends. **The undergraduate scholarships program provides support to students who intend to receive a degree from the College of Letters & Science.

I am not applying for direct entry. If accepted I’m planning on being pre-business and then applying the end of freshman year for the business school.
I am a Wisconsin resident.

I guess I will just look at campus wide scholarships then. Thanks for the help!

Could somebody chance me?

Instate
UW GPA: 3.87
ACT: 26 (explained in my essay that I have anxiety and it impacted my abilities significantly)
My essays explained some of my hardships and good work ethic
3 APs (all my school offers)
Gymnastics Captain for two years
Gymnastics MVP
Dance Team
National Honor Society
Community Involvement
Letter of rec. from a veterinarian who I worked alongside for a year, she went to UW Madison for both undergrad and veterinary school, she mentioned that I have her highest recommendation to her alma mater
My GPA has had an upward trend and I have had a 4.0 for the past 2.5 years!

Thanks in advance!