UW-Madison fall 2017 transfer

It better be this Friday… I can’t wait much longer.#slowlylosingmymindyall

So something weird happened on my Student Center. Near Notifications, that small paragraph changed from something like “a counselor is reviewing your application and that you can check the notification dates(hyperlink)” to “We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Once we confirm receipt of required materials your application will proceed to a counselor for review.”

I will call admissions and see why did this happen since am really worried that’s an early sign of rejection :frowning:

Update: I talked with admissions and it seems like that change doesn’t mean anything.

Another thing that I realized is that when I clicked on Fall Application 2017 they changed my major and college from Mechanical Engineering(first major) to Physics(second major). The admissions representative told me not to worry about it and that they put everyone in colleges of letter and science, since its the general major, but I feel like it’s a sign that I am rejected from the College of Engineering :’( . Can anyone who applied to the college of engineering check the Fall Application and tell me what does it show?

@EngineEstein Hey I am not an engineer major Im business but this is what mine says “Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status. Visit our web site to view decision notification dates.” Your totally fine theres nothing to worry about.

Under “SOAR Registration” it says “ERROR! - Unable to retrieve information for Web Proxy Portlet!
Please try again later”.

Anyone else?

@CuseToMadison Yeah mine has always done that we can’t use soar because we aren’t students lol

Mine changed to that recently

Huh what did say before?

It was just like a general message that says this is not unlocked for you or something, but this seems to be a technical issue since maybe they’re enabling the soar registration portals for those that they accept? Just a thought

Anyone received evaluation of transfer credit yet ???

Hopefully tomorrow is the day some of us receive a decision!

Does anyone know if they usually release decisions at night?

@beachchick5 I read on previous transfer threads that they come out at 7pm on fridays

Looks like I received an evaluation of transfer credits… I’ve never checked before so I wouldn’t know if it’s always looked that way, but it appears to be completely filled out.

I got my transfer credit report too. what does it mean???

I’m not banking on it or anything, but why would they go through the trouble to fill it out just to deny you?

@EngineEstein Hey mine says my second major choice as well… what does that mean?? How does it work for engineering college?? I’m a sophomore so I can’t transfer unless i can take my intended majors classes…

On my transfer credit report my calc III class didn’t transfer over. If I get accepted does anyone know of a way to get your credit evaluated? The material is the same so I’m suprised it didn’t transfer.

Where did you all find the Transfer Credit Report?

KingDragonSlayer go to your student center. click on academics tab. my academics. then view my transfer credit evaluation.

I just got it sometime this week, definitely wasn’t there before.