UW-Madison fall 2017 transfer

Denied. But its all good.
I am a Freshman with 17 credits (18 in progress)
3.47 GPA Fall Semester
I am going to appeal since I took 18 credits and I plan to finish with a 4.0 for the Spring semester.
Low highschool GPA (2.9 GPA Senior Year but 3.2 UW Cumm) because my father passed away midway through school.

Hopefully this helps! Congrats to all those who got accepted!

Accepted! Colleges of Letters and Sciences transferring from UW Lacrosse with a 3.6 and lots of ECs

@EngineEstein do you plan on going to UW and then applying for engineering?

@joeyJ56 I would never put myself in such a situation. Doing so means I ever transfer to engineering or am stuck in L&S. It is no secret, UW is harder than any CC, so You, or I, don’t get in from a CC then we will never do so from inside the university. I will try to ask for a re-evaluation of credits and see what comes out. If I wasn’t accepted after that, I will look somewhere else for Mechanical Engineering :confused: . Since you have a low number of credits in the first place, I highly advise you to stay in wherever you are and get about 60 transferable credits with a high GPA and then apply again.

@EngineEstein Does our acceptance letter from letters and sciences mean we are denied, or are they waiting to accept people into engineering later? From my understanding is that once you’re in UW transferring into your major depends on your GPA. Like for EE, a 2.8 core gpa is needed. I think ME is a 3.2.

I was also deferred. Does anybody know when we will likely hear back?- I would think around a month from now when the non-priority application results come out, but could be wrong. Also, if my grades, essays, etc were above average, how likely is it that my deferment was due to the fact that I am completing the UW-Madison Language requirement this current semester, and need a C or better to get credit (should I send in my mid term grades showing its highly unlikely that I wouldn’t get credit?)

@transfer5004 It says we will not hear back until late June in the letter I received. Hopefully they get back to us earlier than that but it doesn’t seem likely based on them releasing decisions usually last minute before their deadlines.

Accepted to L&S!

Stats:
58 Credits (only 51 are transferring)
4.0 GPA
CS Major

I have been deferred as a transfer student as a special education major. Is anyone familiar with the actual steps to be admitted to the SOE as a transfer student? I have read conflicting information on the SOE website regarding transfers. One area states new freshmen and transfers are directly admitted as a PRE Education status until the required prerequisite courses are completed. Another area refers to a separate application process that has been extended through May 1, but is typically February 1. However, deferred students will not find out if admitted until the end of June. I will contact the school of education, but thought someone on this forum might have insight. Thanks.

I was accepted to be an incoming sophmore from UW Milwaukee with a 3.2 GPA. 15 credits completed with 15 in work.

@College2212 Congrats! May I ask what your major is and what your high school stats were?

Are there any priority applicants in here who have not heard back yet?

Me :(, I turned everything in by the feb 8 deadline. I’m a transfer student too

I got an answer a week or so ago. I got in. :slight_smile:

Did any admitted or deferred transfer make application to the school of education?

Did anyone hear any decisions tonight?

Nope, but I was sent an email asking for my course outline for all my classes. Should be a good sign right? I went for regular decision btw :))

Have any regular decision applicants received a course evaluation yet?

@madtown7 I haven’t, have you?

YOU’VE PROBABLY BEEN ACCEPTED IF YOUR TRANSFER CREDIT COURSE EVALUATION IS UP ON YOUR STUDENT CENTER. SO KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR YOUR CREDIT EVALUATIONS. This claim is through evidence on this thread and other threads. Just thought I’d let every transfer applicant know if you haven’t figured it out yet.