UW Madison Spring 2016 Transfer Thread

I didn’t get a notification update but I applied and got accepted and got that notification last semester so idk if I’d get another. But I checked my transfer evaluation report under my academics and all my classes from this semester are there and have the UW class equivalents. It also says I need to take placement tests before SOAR and that my transcripts are due before January 8th. So idk that sounds good but I’ll keep you guys updated.

UGH. Just checked and nothing changed on mine of course :frowning: Congrats to you though @f15ECC !! Very happy for you! :slight_smile: What are your stats?

@Bucky23 & @Natalie278 Thanks! I don’t know what my high school GPA was but it was pretty bad, like a 1.7 or worse. My college GPA is a 3.7 with 33 semester hours towards electrical engineering.

@f15ECC DANG! I’m hoping someone with a 3.5-3.6 will get in so I feel better! Congrats again! :slight_smile:

@Bucky23 I’m hoping for someone with a 2.0-2.5 will get in in my case XD But no harm in trying.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully most of us will find out today.

@Natalie278 I hope we BOTH get in! :slight_smile:

Hey @z0zeng, I am an international students from Brazil, still waiting for an answer

I had the same thing @transfer2k16, they told me it was an error and that it would be fixed until next friday…

@f15ECC Congrats to you!! Wait for your message tonight!

@jemieur Thanks! @Bucky23 if it makes you feel a little more at ease the school I was going to was an online school and it is super easy to get a high GPA. UW didn’t even give me credit for calculus 2 and physics 2 so I have to take those over. So I’m sure you’ll be fine with a 3.5-3.6. Good luck!

They release the result of fall!!! So I think we need to keep waiting for a week! Dang!

They just sent out email.

Rejected
GPA3.76
Strong letters of recommendation
Everything meets the requirements

Rejected!
Gpa 3.87
Strong recommendation letter
Everything meets the requirements

Denied. Disappointed, but not surprised. Don’t worry guys, I’m sure Fall will be much easier. Nail those finals coming and keep grades up!

@z0zeng Are you going to appeal?

Just got denied as well. Good luck to everyone else!

I just got my acceptance letter, Sorry to anyone that got rejected =/.

@Jemieur I don’t know, I really wanna know what’s wrong I did on my application.

@z0zeng are you an international student? I am an international student.