Virginia Tech FA/12 Transfer

<p>Ok thanx for the info. Then i need to attend it before June 21st as i’ll be taking summer classes.</p>

<p>The website is down :(</p>

<p>the admissions officer that emailed me asking for my midterm grades said to send them no later than tomorrow so does that mean some decisions/hokie birds will be given out this week? i’m so tired of waiting…</p>

<p>I got my acceptance like 1.5 weeks from when they asked for my midterm… It certainly means that they are looking at your application… If you have good midterm grades then your fine, according to me??</p>

<p>Would it be inappropriate to email the admissions office and ask if they have looked at my application yet?</p>

<p>@zleader15 Many have done just that. It might be better to call than to email too, because I’ve emailed and I just get the vague “expect your decision by May 1st”. It definitely couldn’t hurt.
'Cause this wait is awful.</p>

<p>Also, what’s your GPA?</p>

<p>Not that great probably around a 3.25 and I applied to get into the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. I don’t know how competitive that college is. And thanks for the advice!</p>

<p>I think it’s moderately competitive. Like, they are known for it but it’s not as big as business or engineering. I’ve seen people on this thread get into the business school with your GPA or slightly lower. My GPA is just .8 higher than you and I’m trying to get into the art program. I do think you have a solid chance. The doubt only comes from this torturous wait.</p>

<p>I just got the hokie bird! Does this for sure mean your in? Has anyone gotten denied with the hokie bird? Just curious…</p>

<p>Congrats! No one we know of in these threads has gotten denied after getting the Hokie bird :)</p>

<p>Thank you! I am excited but yet still confused. I am currently a freshman at a VCCS, and applied to both VT & JMU… Last week I found out I was wait-listed to JMU, which led me to believe my chances for getting to VT wouldn’t be so good. But I guess you never know…</p>

<p>Congrats, lucky!</p>

<p>yeah @JennyK13 I am in the business school at JMU right now but I was planning on switching soon. I wasn’t sure if my GPA could have gotten me into Virginia Tech but now I might regret putting that as my new major…the waiting sucks haha and @hy2731 there is still hope! I actually heard it is harder to transfer to JMU than Tech but I could be wrong.</p>

<p>How long is the wait usually after we see the hokie bird?</p>

<p>Zleader15: actually I got a hokie bird this afternoon, which according to previous posts means you’re more than likely in. Guess we will see. </p>

<p>Goodluck to everyone else!</p>

<p>Yea… JMU was my backup school and I got waitlisted there, but got into Vt… weird. </p>

<p>FYI, I got accepted about a week after getting my hokie bird</p>

<p>Congratz to all.</p>

<p>Oh alright thanks for the help.</p>

<p>I emailed the office of admissions and they said I should receive my decision by the end of next week. I don’t think that is a good thing especially since I haven’t yet received the hokie bird.</p>

<p>@zleader15 </p>

<p>That’s good info. Thanks for that. I have not received the hokie bird on my application either, so I’m a little worried as well.</p>