Virginia Tech Regular Decision Thread

@UNCCH1 I think I found what you are talking about. PID Generator Tool? When I click that it takes me to a VT tech support page suggesting I login to access the tool I think. Which doesn’t make sense because the reason I need the tool is because I can’t login. Either way, I appreciate the help.

@ls2018 …did you login with your guest account in HokieSPA or did you accept and then get information? Thanks

@UNCCH1 I accepted my offer the moment I got the decision, so unfortunately I’m speaking from the perspective of someone who’s already put down a deposit. However, you may want to try logging into your guest account in Incognito Mode on your browser; Incognito Mode was what got my HokieSPA account to work when in normal browsing mode it just kept saying the session had timed out. Hope that helps!

It says UDC ID unavailable… what does this mean?

Is anyone else getting this error: com.ellucian.sso.exception.ApplicationException: UDC Id not available
I’ve tried incognito mode on my computer and also tried accessing it from my phone but still no luck :frowning:

@FutureHokie2018 Yes, this is the error I keep getting. I’m hoping the aid shows up on the guest website later I guess.

this is so weird, I tried to log into the Hokie SPA account and it gives me some error message. I don’t want to accept any offers without knowing my financial aid package.

You can’t use your guest ID for Hokiespa. You have to use a PID that you set up a few days after you accept your admissions.

@ljlom2000 I hope so too. Good luck to you!

@bookwormvt2022 I didn’t think we needed to accept admissions to see our financial package…Is this incorrect?

It is not incorrect (you are right), but Hokiespa keeps track of every years package (so it includes this one). I’m almost positive that VT will put financial aid information where you got your admissions decision.

I talked to financial aid office today. They stated you do not have to accept admission to see your aid. My daughter got into 5 other colleges and each school told her aid amount. She will not accept admission until she review all of them.

University was closed today due to inclement weather. Were you still able to talk to someone at the financial aid office?
I would wait till they updated the info so we can check it without having to accept admission or wait for it in the mail.

sorry I meant on Friday because I thought it was coming out on Friday.

My daughter is trying to get this stress of selecting a college done and focus enjoying rest of her high school.

Guys they’re on the portal! Got me a merit scholarship yayyy

Where on the portal? I just see a bunch of video links on my DDs portal. So frustrating.

@3XImpossible On the application page right next to the offer of admission

@PhilipM Yes correct. Log in to Admission Decision. It is a yellow box to the right of “accept/reject” decision in the far right margin. S got $5000 Pratt Schollie. One time, but nice recognition nonetheless. Always good to be recognized. Not a real difference maker in the total calculation, but if VT is destination $5k is still a nice gift. Honors College as well for Engineering.

Thank you. I was finally able to view the FA letter. We got what I expected…nada. Anyone get an ELS award? Maybe (I’m hoping!) those haven’t been given out yet to VTCC incoming freshman.