Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

@todayIsAnewDay that worries me because I took most of my prereqs in highschool and had like mostly b’s but one c in the second semester of bio and got a c in math. I’m retaking math (stats) to make up for it, my gpa first semester of college was a 3.5 and I sent them my mid term math grade which was an A. I’m so worried I feel like I won’t get in now

I’m not so sure that’s true. Possibly for engineering. In my AEM major, most of the recommended classes are taking all levels of Econ, business related material, and Calculus/Statistics. You might be referring to engineering students who pretty much all take the same classes .

@hokietransfer123 over your C in math, this is me quoting from the schools website a portion of it:

"Transfer Student Requirements
Transfer Academic Requirements
The most important factors considered for admission are:

Completion or progress toward completing prerequisites, particularly Freshman English, math, and science for the intended major. Prerequisite requirements can be found on the Transfer Guide or in the Programs of Study section.
Overall GPA in college course work with B’s or better in Freshman English, math, and science for …" Etc. Etc.,
Now, this doesnt neccessarily mean you wont get accepted, but there are so many candidates this year, and hopefully you wrote a great essay explaining why you git the grade you got and stuff, i really wish you luck!! I really hope all of us get that good news :slight_smile:

@uvact123 there are recommended classes, and then there are core requisite classes that you have to take; also not sure what you mean by “all same classes”, are you also talking about the first two year recommended? Sorry about that i wasnt sure what you meant

@todayIsAnewDay from what I’ve heard many second year students who have applied in the past years, have had quite a few C’s in their transcripts, and have been accepted, so if you’re a second-year, don’t stress to much over a couple C’s. But if you’re applying as a first-year, yes you do need as many A’s and B’s, because it is a lot more competitive for these students.

@gentlebreeze oh okay, i dont know anyone thats gotten C’s so thats why; also i dont have any C’s either so thats also why i went off of what the website says

How did you guys send in your midterm grades? My school doesn’t really have a way of doing that.

Yah I have a decent mid term report as well, but I have no clue how to send them because my college doesn’t have the concept of the midterm grades.

I emailed the director and he told me to email any grades…but I mean that’s kind of open ended. I’m not about screenshot a picture of my blackboard and send it in lol.

The first wave is exactly a week from today. It’s been long awaited. Best of luck to everyone!

I can’t wait, really I’m on fire lol
Best of luck everyone :slight_smile:

praying for myself and all of yall!

I really just want to know one way or another next week so I can start planning or move on. Another month would be a kick in the groin. Hope you all get your good news next week.

Just remember that everything happens for a reason. I feel like my chances are not very good but you just gotta make the most of college wherever you are.

@hokietransfer123 you are so right. Honestly, I will be happy at my #2 if it comes to that. But, I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that! :smiley:

praying for all yall! its not easy to think about but if this door closes another one WILL open! but hopefully we can call ourselves hokies!!

Is this a problem for anyone else… when I go to the application information page it doesn’t tell me if my transcript was received yet (I sent it in the beginning of February) and when I called admissions to ask if it was received they said they don’t know how to check… and to just be patient… but decisions come out next week and I’m worried

It’s making me think I will be in the second wave :frowning: has anyone seen that their transcripts have been received??

I sent in my transcript in late December and it arrived the first week of January. It didn’t show up on the application portal until late February so it takes some time for them to get all the papers sorted and updated into their system. I don’t believe this is going to determine who’s going to be in the first wave however.

I send mine in November 2017, waited a month And it didn’t show up in the application page, I contacted them on December 1st and they said they are going to update my application page and they actually updated it and showed that it was received in December