Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

Sent**

Thanks! Also did any of you send your transcript electronically? I filled out a form for mine on my community college website and it said Virginia tech prefers online submissions so I chose that option

@agriculturevt Yeah I submitted mine electronically and they had it within the week

Im so scared to find out my decision honestly. Does anyone know how competitive it is to get into Public Relations major?

I emailed the admissions office and got this reply, “We hope to have an early round of notifications sent by March 31 and another at the end of April. Those notified early will be those whose files were reviewed by that date; it will not depend on major or when the materials were submitted.”

@todayIsAnewDay Thanks for the info. Given that 31 Mar is a Saturday, more than likely it would be by 30 Mar. Still hoping for the 29th, as reported before, although 30 Mar is “Good Friday”!

Hope to be 29th, anyway better that waiting till May !!
I think they reviewd my application as they contacted me for some extra information to “finish reviewing”

So hope to be in the first patch :slight_smile:

@TarekHA what information did they ask for?

@todayIsAnewDay oh they asked me for my green card for in-state tuition

@TarekHA oh okay!
I really hope im in the first wave

I’m guessing for the first wave they have to review all the GAA applicants and then whichever others they can get through by the end of March.

@ihopeigetintoVT That seems like a pretty good theory.

Which apps do you think they will review first if its not by major or time the app was submitted?

@acceptancewoohoo it’s done by the indivual departments most likely. The actual order is very likely not relevant at this point.

I’d be quite bummed if I didn’t hear anything by the end of this month. Waiting until April is so far, specially with April being the last full month of the semester and it always being typically busy during that period of time.

I feel it is more likely first release will be this Friday and not Thursday but what do I know. Only 4 or 5 more days and maybe most of us will know. Are most of you all-in for VT or did you apply elsewhere? For me it’s VT or GMU, I’m not from NOVA.

Does anyone know the reason they pushed back the application deadline?

@HokieHopeful34 I’ve only seen speculation but nobody seems to know the real reason.

Do you think the less applied for programs will find out this week?

@nredgirl based on an earlier post that will have no impact on when released.