Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

I applied to UVA also, but they aren’t gonna give anything until the end of April (at the earliest). I just really hope I get a decision for Tech at the end of this coming week. I think I’d guess they’d give it on a Friday opposed to a Thursday but I really don’t know. We’ll just have to wait agonizingly and see. Best of luck to everyone!

I’m applying to the Criminology major of the college of liberal arts and human sciences, and I don’t believe this is a very competitive major, so I’m curious would that increase my chances of being accepted?

@trout812 Same, I have a feeling it’s gonna be on Friday and most of us will know, I only applied for VT Biochemistry
International transfer here

I see it as Friday too since it’s been the last Friday in March the past two years. Anyway, hopefully we’ll all know soon!

Does anyone know if the two waves will be the same size or if most people will be hearing in the first or second wave?

@acceptancewoohoo I really have no Idea, but I think mostly the second wave includes most of the decisions
I hope I’m wrong tho

@acceptancewoohoo I don’t know either but it appeared most people posting on CC were notified the second wave. But that’s a very small sample size. One thing to keep in mind is they dropped the VCCS Priority Review and Instant Decision Day this year, so not sure how/if that will play into the timing of notifications. Students who participated in these in previous years were notified in late February prior to first wave. It would seem without these programs they will have more applications to review in these two waves, vs having a chunk already out of the way.

@ihopeigetintoVT that’s what I noticed on previous threads too I feel like dropping instant decision day as well as pushing the deadline back would lead to more decisions in the second wave looking at it realistically but I really hope to find out soon

The admissions rep said that most will be notified in late April because they don’t focus on transfer applications until after the freshman decisions go out, and that was only few weeks ago. I hope many hear sooner, but late April seems likely for most.

Well there goes my hopes for the first wave lol.

LOL, @CTUR782 - always hope, just don’t expect.

…but some will be this week, so there is a chance!

is the first wave all acceptances or rejections too?

Will they mail out the decision or we have to check it in the website?

@Pdeeppd The decision will be available in the same day online, Mail will take couple days to arrive after that, so the fatest way is to check online

Would they review your app and give you your decision in the first wave if you applied early? or is it all just luck?

When I say “applied early” I mean sending your application earlier than most applicants.

Has anyone else applied to VT’s College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences?

I applied to College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences

The thought that admissions decisions ate based on the selected major is a little mind bending to me. That would mean that it would be better to start generic and then change major ti something more specific once you are in.
It seems like so many students change majors anyway It would be a shame to get denied because you thought you were wanting to major in something that was in high demand…am I misinterpreting all that??