Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

@hokietransfer123 an earlier post said the first wave decisions will not be based on major or when the app was submitted (so all luck)

@nredgirl what is your major? I want to go into Fashion Merchandising and Design! :slight_smile:

Hey guys so I have a question for those who applied whilst doing the guranteed admissions (an associate) at nvcc. Since I applied after one year and in case I don’t get in my plan is to just do that and since registration for fall 2018 is coming fast I was wondering for classes did you guys look off what tech had on their transfer guide online or the nova requirements for an associates because some of the classes are different.

@kbbvt18 I’m Public Relations!

I had a meeting with an admissions representative today and he said they are mostly looking to see that the freshmen core classes are completed and not to worry so much about completing all their recommended courses

@vt2k18 Summed it up perfectly. As long as the required core courses are complete, you should be fine. Follow the course list for your associates that nvcc has stated in your second year (in case you don’t get in this year) and you should be fine. The recommended classes that Tech has, you can take once you get in (in third year).

Thank youuu I was stressing so much over what classes to take!

@kbbvt18 @nredgirl I applied COLA and Human Sciences as well.
-National Security and Foreign Affairs Major

I have a 3.7 at University of Texas San Antonio in the honors college so I’m fairly certain I will get in, hoping for honors at VT as well!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

The first wave of admission releasing on Friday is fake news. its actually Thursday at 5 pm, according to one of the admission counselors I emailed today. I just would not get hopes up though because she said a majority will definitely be released at the end of April.

@hokietransfer123 omg I hope all of us will be in the first wave, and thank god it’s Thursday because Friday I’ll be working at the time they releasing it and it sucks !! I wont be able to see it till like 8 pm

Fingers crossed

@hokietransfer123 thanks for the update. Someone posted a while back the 2 waves would be 29 Mar and 27 Apr. We hadn’t heard anything in a while so any talk of Friday was just conjecture and guessing (of which I’m guilty). Anyway thanks again and good luck!

@hokietransfer123 its not “fake news”, its literally what the admission person told me. Also, they might be approximating dates too if they told you that, we can both be correct on the information
Update: I emailed admissions earlier today on if they were doing equal amounts of acceptances to that of the second wave, or if majority would be in the second wave and got this at around 7pm today (two hours ago)
“Only a few will receive the decision Friday evening.”

If they are telling us different dates, and you said you emailed them today too, then they probably are all also not on the same page of the date that theyd be done and sending out the notifications

A “few” is not very promising, but I guess there’s still a chance.

@ihopeigetintoVT also a bit vague about what a “few” is haha, like, is it a few compared to the total amount of applicants? Couple hundred? Idk lol

That a “few” making me anxious :confused: @todayIsAnewDay exactly! We really don’t know how much is that a “few”

I really have high hopes for Friday

My guess from the information you guys gave me would be that, a majority of the applicants in the first wave would get their decision on Thursday 5 pm and the few left would receive a decision by Friday evening. And whoever didn’t get a decision at all would be in the second wave or know by May 1st (worst case).

@CTUR782 unfortunately, the person i talked to said it as in, this first wave will be “few” decisions, majority of decisions will be end of april

hey yall!

wanna clarify some things that have been said. first wave is MARCH 29TH BY 5PM, with the other handful from the first wave ending friday. think about this figuratively, when you all received notice saying that admissions are not based off of school or the date received; that is a lil off.

if Tech is an ENGINEERING school, with other large majors (pamplin, agriculture, animal sciences etc.) it will recieve A LOT more applications than COLA, or fashion, etc. when they said a majority will recieve their decisions late April, it is for those who are engineering or agriculture or architecture etc.

the handful that will recieve notice thursday & friday will be a solid couple hundred applicants, due to the other thousand that applied for the big majors. i wish everyone best of luck, don’t get your hopes down, or up!

@bcen200 Do you think poly sci transfers might hear back March 29th?