Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

I just ran into the transfer student page in the 2018-2019 transfer guide that describes the transition from CLE to pathways and which graduation years are affected for incoming freshmen and transfers:
http://www.tranguide.registrar.vt.edu/2018/recbymajor.html

Hello guy,
I will transfer in Fall 2019. I have a question about official transcript from previous college (not-English language). What does “professionally evaluated” mean?

@KhoiDang Hey, Mine was not English, what I did first I translated it into English, A lot of websites can professionally translate your documents, then you have to send it to a credit evaluation company, I used ECE, Check them out at ECE.ORG, It will cost around $200 for a full credit evaluation

also, they may ask for more documents to submit depends on your college and country

hope that was helpful

those who got accepted, any Honor invitation or financial aid information available?

@TarekHA But I don’t intend to transfer any credit from my previous university to VT. Should I ignore this document?

@KhoiDang So you wanna start as freshman?
Then why don’t you apply as freshman?
You should talk directly with the admission office and see how you can transfer without transferring you credit and start as freshman

Has anyone else wondered why Transfer decisions aren’t earlier since transfers have to figure out where they are going to live (vs freshman guaranteed on campus) or is it just me?

@ihopeigetintoVT laterally today I was talking with my mum about that, and how it’s so far and can’t figure out what to do with my living situation and if I want to stay home or rent somewhere near VT
They really should take that into consideration!

Sorry to go off here but I’m not really too happy that they give the decisions so late. I wish they just gave out the decision as soon as they were done reviewing an application. That way we might have been able to hear back evenly rather than one set date. I probably won’t even take the importance (good or bad) of the decision when it comes out because I’ll be studying intensely for finals. I expected more professionalism from such a big institution like Tech, but oh well.

Has anyone that’s been accepted been able to sign up for an orientation session or it still saying no session available?

Literally been stresssing about my living situation if i get accepted. Also would want to know how much financial aid would help me out if i do get accepted. I wish i had more time to plan for that other than 2-3 months of rushing to get things done if i get accepted

Does anyone know what the page will look like if you were accepted? Where exactly will the decision be posted? Will the financial aid package be listed online as well?

I’m really starting to get stressed about my living situation I’d i get in because we find out so late it’s going to be hard to find a place to live. Does VT have a site for off campus students to see others that need roommates?

@nredgirl they do but you need to have received and accepted an offer to join

@nredgirl Here’s the VT site. You can search the housing listings with a free account. To access the “Roomates” section you need to be an admitted student:
https://www.techoffcampus.com/registration

You can also join the Virginia Tech (VT) Housing, Sublets, and Roomates Facebook group.

Guys, how do you check what credits have been transferred?
Also has anyone gotten his financial aid information?

@TarekHA I called tech and they told me that they don’t evaluate credits until after you accept their offer. They said financial aid packages will be released early this week

@vt2k18 thank you for the info, I thought You can check before accepting the offer, I think some universities do give you your credits evaluation before accepting the offer. Am I wrong?

@TarekHA ik most colleges do but they did say if you have an associates from a Virginia community college they’ll give you junior standing and 60 credits

@vt2k18 it doesnt matter if you have an associates or not; maximum of half required credits can be transferred. Different degrees have different amount of credits required, so the max amount can be more than that too.