Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

@todayIsAnewDay yes I understand but if you have an associates they automatically give you at least 60. If you don’t you could still get that amount of credits but they’d have to be evaluated

I got an email from VT University Scholarships and Financial aid, and some estimated money grants from FASFA

@Volcano345 around what time? I didn’t get an email

@Volcano345 so how much of scholarships did you get?
I heard that transfer students tend to get fewer than freshman, is that correct ?

I can’t access my account. It says I’m not authorized to view the information. Is this a bad thing? It is making me anxious

@gocollege389 Are you still not able to sign in? Just contact the admission office and they will help you through it, It happened to me before nothing to be anxious about :slight_smile:

@Volcano345 im also curious about how much financial aid was offered; i really wanna know about how much theyd offer to be prepared (including how much they offer in grants, subsidized, and unsubsidized loans)

what does it mean if the admission lady emailed me asking for my current class list? I obviously put it in my application so I figured they’d already have it. This a good or bad sign?

I just received my financial aid package

@vt2k18 when did you get your acceptance?

@godzpeach like two weeks ago

@vt2k18 Can you please tell us how much of aid you got?

Has anyone here got accepted into the College of Engineering? and If so, what were your stats? Thanks!

@TarekHA I got like 10k in loans and 5k in grants.

Does anyone know if they can accept you and then change their mind and deny you once they see your final transcript? Just wondering

@agriculturevt if they do deny you after you get in, I think you can appeal to them, and ask to be placed in the general studies program, and you should be fine

Thanks just wondering. I don’t think it will happen to me but I know it can happen to those applying as freshman if they don’t do well their senior year.

@agriculturevt The only way they would probably reject you after giving acceptance in the first place would be if your 2nd semester grades were really poor compared to previous semester(s). You would need to have performed really bad (C’s and D’s) in order for that to happen.

Exactly 2 more weeks of waiting left!

@agriculturevt in the acceptance letter mailed it says to send in the spring transcript and general expectations for grades (at least it did for me). Now, whether they actually pull it if you don’t meet those expectations, not sure.