Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

@gohokies9652 actually that is not going to be turned back into a transfer house. There are multiple sororities in line to get it, I was just informed… I really wish it would be turned back into the transfer house though … :frowning:

@agriculturevt oh wow! I guess my friends out of luck lol. I did hear that Greek life is going to try to have houses like the old transfer house!

@nredgirl i was asking my advisor about this earlier this year. due to their huge number of applications, they tend to divide the grades to 2 parts: anything above 3.2 is accepted (generally). Between 3.0 to 3.2 if youre lucky they might look into your transcript and see you grades. If the classes related to your major are good then you might have a chance.

@WaelAboulhosn I don’t agree with that, that mostly applies to first-year students applying to VT, but for second-year students, the classes are harder and they typically accept most second-years regardless.

@WaelAboulhosn @gentlebreeze
This is all so confusing, and everyone hears different stuff. If you guys are right, then how come only about a third of transfer applicants get accepted? Last year only 900+ got in from 3000+ applicants… do y’all think there are that many first years with gpa lower than 3.2? I thought you pretty much need a 3.5 no matter what. I’m worried and I have right at a 3.54. I figured most of those 900 spots go to those who have competed their associates…:frowning:

@hokies1215 not all transfer students have good gpa. And again it depends on how you do in you major courses in college

Yes it all depends on your major, engineering students typically need a higher GPA, since its a lot more competitive to get into the engineering school, but for other majors it is less competitive.

I have the same question about transferring into a business school major after the first year. The more I read the literature on line the more I am thinking they wait until after second yr. I guess we will all find out in a few days

@WaelAboulhosn
i’m gonna disagree with the gpa standards. tech accepts even people with 2.8’s and high 2.9’s. if it were only limited to 3.0-3.2 they would say it in their statement for transfer admission. but, then again, they accept even applicants from 2.5-higher.

i personally know 3 of my close friends that have been accepted off of 2.9’s and 3.0’s. if your gpa isn’t high as the “competitive” standard holds it to be, don’t feel discouraged. if your gpa is low they will look into ALL factors before making a decision.

2 days left, best luck to all x

sail2020 - he actually lived on campus his sophomore year. He is off campus this year and is very affordable for a beautiful 4 bedroom, 4 bath townhome. We are paying DOUBLE the amount for our daughter living off campus at UVA.

Are you talking about friends who are applying at the end of their first year, or second year? Finishing associates or no? This is making me feel so much better. I can’t help but wonder why almost 2000 kids got rejected last year if the gpa is that low…

end of their first year, most of all second year transfers generally get accepted.

but don’t feel discouraged at all. you do have a chance either way.

I have a 3.2 gpa from vccs and i am in my 2nd year (with associates), does that look good for VT business school?

Guys, has any one talked to admission office and made sure the decision is tomorrow?
Coz on their twitter they are counting down and last tweet they said “ 4 days till decision day “

i was told March 29 and April 27 when i called. got March 29 right and i’m positive decisions will be out tomorrow.

It looks like the decision day the twitter message is talking about is when freshmen need to commit to enrolling. Here is the VT website page that shows May 1 is the freshman deadline: https://vt.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/dates.html

Yeah that’s correct, “Decision Day” only applies to freshman who already got in and need to commit by that date. Most schools make that day May 1st.

Thanks a lot, and good luck to every one !!

@vtbus30 I’m In (pretty much) the same boat as you. I have a 3.2 from vccs hoping to go into business as well. Are you not doing th guaranteed 2 year transfer thing?

Has anyone determined why VT has such a late notification regarding transfer applicants? Or, is this typical of other universities?