Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

Got in with a 3.34 freshman gpa at CNU

@Volcano345 what was ur major?

@TarekHA yeh I didn’t get in either, just wondering what you mean by appeal? Does it mean you’re applying again or something.

For those who were rejected, can you state your major, GPA, and amount of credits you have?

I was invited to honors college! Anyone else?

@nickname123455 From VT website:

Submitting an Appeal for Transfer Admission
Some students successfully submit an appeal and are granted admission after initially not being offered. Appeals are reviewed based on space availability by major and can never be guaranteed.
The appeal will only be accepted from the student, not from a parent, guardian or spouse.
The appeal must be submitted by mail within 30 days of receiving the notification of the original decision.
Appeals must be submitted in writing and state why you would like to appeal the decision and provide any new information.
Examples of new information:
Final spring grades or summer grades (including retaking courses) submitted by copy of unofficial transcript (transcript may be sent separately from letter of appeal).
Change of major. If you are granted admission through an appeal for a different major, there is no guarantee that an internal transfer to your first choice major will be available. Your intent should be to earn a degree in the new major.
Appeals will not be reviewed until after June 1.

@todayIsAnewDay

Biochemistry, GPA 3.9 and 66 credits

Does anyone know how and when the process of choosing a roommate/signing up for classes for Fall 2018 begins? Would it be after paying the $400 fee? I got accepted in GE and am looking to major in CS.

@CTUR782 after you pay your $400 matriculation fee you can sign up for an orientation date, and apply for housing. Class signup will be at orientation. Very limited on campus housing for transfers.

How can you check if you were invited to honors college or not?

Also are we going to receive and admissions package/folder with information regarding orientation and housing or not since we are transfers?

@techuva8 it’s the last thing on the application summary page underneath requirements it should say college transcript and the next line under that it says honors college decision. My decision was posted on the 27th.

oh okay Thank you! That’s not showing up for me so I probably didn’t get invited. But I remember the email they sent out once I applied to Tech saying that the Honors Decision would be sent by mail on or before May 1 if you’re admitted.

I got into honors too! whats your major? @hdc2701

I was also wondering when the packets will be in the mail as well as information regarding financial aid,everything is a blur right now lmao

@lordefarquadd that’s awesome congrats! My major is accounting. I’m hoping we get something in the mail this week.

@hdc2701 sweet we’re both business majors!! my major is BIT! are you transferring after your first or second year?

@lordefarquadd I just finished my second year. What about you?

@hdc2701 oh I’m currently in my first year

Got accepted into the college of engineering!!! Congrats to all, but i decided to go to Penn State Main for physics.