Virginia Tech Transfer Students for Fall 2018

@lordefarquadd I think our daughter is going to accept the offer to live there. We went by the fraternity house and it looks awesome (from the outside.) What is your major? She’s Biology.

Anyone get accepted to College of Engineering can share the GPA?

So the acceptance letter said out of state for tuition purposes…and just the PELL grant…we have lived in Va forever. Was there a residency verification form that needed to be mailed in in addition to the online application? I think we just got priced out of the market…

@HooDad1 if I remember right there was a section in the online application relating to residency.

@KhoiDang
First year at NVCC
17 credits first semester with 4.0
17 credits this semester with a 3.75
All transferable credits
Hoping to major in CS at Tech.

@HooDad1 they had our daughter as out of state because she used her college (Tennessee) address as her mailing address and our VA address as the permanent one. Just a mix up. Admissions fixed it easily for us. Give them a call and once it’s fixed call the financial aid office.

@CTUR782 at VT you are GUARANTEED your first choice Engineering major if your GPA is above a 3.0 after your year theough General Engineering!

I’m a returning transfer so I’m not sure if you guys can even pick a dorm yet but I’m looking for a female roommate in Newman!

@Mada01 Oh I see, Looks like I’m inclined to accept it then. Wait so is it a 3.0 after first semester or first year that you are guaranteed your major?

anyone knows how to view financial aid? details please

@CTUR782 It depends on how long it takes for you to finish all the classes needed before declaring your major, which I think most transfers already have them done or should have them done by the first semester!

Are there any threads/groups for incoming Fall 2018 transfers? The earlier the better for finding a roommate. Don’t want to wait until last minute.

Anyone having trouble logging onto Hokie Spa? I’m only able to log in on my phone and automatically logs me off whenever I try to on my laptop.

Problem Solved: Use a different web browser.

Does anyone know about the transfer housing in the Oak Lane Community? I was offered housing there on 5/11 and it just looks a little ways from campus. Anyone know how far of a walk or if there is bus stops to campus? Also, does anyone know how the bedrooms/bathrooms are set up. Also looking for a roommate!

@Hokie55 I have already accepted the housing offer at oak lane community center. I was given two options. One with a private bathroom and one with a shared bathroom.

Does any body know if there is wifi in oak lane community dorms?

@Hokie55 We drove by the house 2 weeks ago while we were there. There is a parking lot right across the street with a bus stop. Living in the Oak lane house means a commuter parking pass which allows you to use the parking lot right there. We checked maps while we were there too and it said it’s a 20 min walk. It’s a beautiful, huge house. Google Va Tech Sigma Phi Epsilon and you should get a lot of pics and find a floor plan. My daughter accepted the offer to live there vs another place (they offered her 2…this house has A/C and the other doesn’t.) Look for the Va Tech transfer 2018 Facebook page. She got into a transfer house group from there.

How are you guys getting offers to live places? is it for off campus or on campus?

@lordefarquadd I placed my name on the transfer house waitlist about two weeks ago. Then they emailed me saying that I should sign the contract. Then they reviewed my application and offered me to live in the oak lane community center which is about 1.3 miles from the main campus. Then I accepted the offer.